Oh No! looks like the rear main is leaking.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oh No! looks like the rear main is leaking.

corn farmer I've got a 1020 diesel. after I park it, I'm seeing a small spot where the oil is dripping from the bell housing.

I compared the oil to the oil on the dipstick vs. the oil in the tranny. it looks like engine oil.

how long do you think the clutch's will last with a small drip?

Brewster Hard to say , keep in mind the oil is running down the block and out through the hole. All this is happening behind the flywheel. Its not running over the clutch first. Keep the hole open, if it leaks a lot, catch it. Not the end of the world here. Day and a half and your back together with a new clutch, pressure plate, resurfaced flywheel, and rear main. Or cheap out and do just the seal and you get to do it twice.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: