JD 400 Creep in Neutral

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 400 Creep in Neutral

Samahi72 My 400 creeps in neutral. The only way I can prevent it from rolling is to lock the brakes on and then you can hear it whine against the brakes. How hard is it to adjust to stop what it is doing???
boo Where's Bontie Joe when ya need him ??

bontai Joe It's not real hard, but an involved process that you really need the service manual for. Without pics, it's too tough to describe here. But you need no special tools other than wrenches and around 2 hours to tweak it to perfection.
Kevin Demsky Do you mean actual gearbox neutral, or hydrostatic neutral?

Did you just try to over center, meaning when you draw the hydrostatic drive back to slow down, PAST the notch to reverse, and then slide it into the notch?

I think they all need to over center to stop.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: