Larger snow blade

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Larger snow blade

Dan I'am trying to find easy way out to mount a larger than 54 inch snow blade on 2305 Utility. The power traction and weight could surely handle a step or two longer and a little taller.
bontai Joe Easiest way I can think of if you don't have a welder available is to have a metal shop roll some 10 ga. (.135" thk.) steel to the same radius as the existing blade at the length you want (I'd think that 66" is doable) and drill and bolt it to the existing blade. It will add some weight to the front (approx 45-50 pounds for 10 ga.) Might save a couple of dollars using 11 ga (.120" thk.)and reduce the weight to about 40 pounds and with the existing blade behind it as reinforcment, it should be plenty strong.
Dan Thanks for the idea and response. I think it would work well, but if I could find a blade that would adapt up, it would be worth it to me to spend the extra to have it look perfect, as well as function well. Probably stupid, but I'am anal about the looks of the tractor. Maybe painted bright green or yellow might make me get over it not being JD.
bontai Joe Well, if it's worth the extra effort to you, you can reverse engineer the existing blade. Take measurements and make drawings of the blade and how it mounts to the bracket and get a new one made. I'm unaware of any existing larger blades that will mate up with the mount for the 54" blade.
Dan Thank you again, that's what i'll do. If you think of something later, please e-mail me

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: