POWER BEYOND CONNECTIONS

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

POWER BEYOND CONNECTIONS

randy bullock I'M TRYING TO CONNECT A STUMP GRINDER BEHIND MY 5310 JD . IT CAME WITH A VALVE WITH TWO STICKS.ONE FOR THE CYLINDER THAT RAISES AND LOWERSTHE CUTTER AND ONE THAT SWINGS LEFT AND RIGHT. NOW I NEED TO HOOK THE HYDRAULIC POWER FROM THE TRACTOR TO THE VALVE AND BACK TO THE TRACTOR RETURN.OK ,I REMOVED THE POWER OUT PLUG ON THE TRACTOR..DO I HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO DO BEFORE I HOOK UP THE HOSE?DOESNT SEEM TO BE ANY PRESSURE THERE.YEP I'M STUMPED.

randy bullock maybe i didnt give enough info. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS SOMETHING INSIDE THE (POWER OUT) PORT ON THE TRACTOR THAT HAS TO BE REMOVED OR INSTALLED TO ACTIVATE THE LINES FOR THE VALVE I ADDED TO OPERATE THE STUMPGRINDER?THANKS FOR ANY INFO,RANDY
Elk If we are talking about 5310 European version: there is no valve nor plug or anything else that have to be remove first when installing the Power-Beyond lines. Just plug your fittings into the pressure and return port. Are you sure you have a open center compatible grinder valve.
There are three ports, pressure - tank - return. At the bottom of the housing you find the pressure port, at top rear the return (eg.used for hydr. motor) and at top front the tank/sump port. Check function with return line connected to T (tank). Do you have additional mid mounted scv's or other equipment?

randy I HAVE THE ANSWER. AFTER LOCATING A SERVICE MANUAL I FOUND THAT THERE IS A 3/8 PIPE PLUG THAT HAD TO BE INSTALLED UP INSIDE THE PRESSURE OUT PORT.THIS DIVERTS THE PRESSURE OUT OF THE PORT .JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET ALL KNOW , IN CASE SOMEONE ELSE RUNS INTO THE SITUATION.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: