JD 4440

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 4440

Dan
I recently purchased a 4440 that when starting the engine seems to rev up to 2000 rpm then fade down to normal idle regardless of the throttle position during the start. I don't much care for this habit during the cold weather and it certainly isn't good for the motor. Any suggestions on why the tractor does this?? None of the other diesel John Deeres I have do this. Could my ether can be leaking? I've only had the tractor 4 days.

ross I've seen where the engine will rev up to 1200 to 1500 when starting because when you start a tractor with an inline pump the control rack is set wide open util the engine builds up vaccum to pull it back. You might have some issues with the injection pump itself. Take your ether can off, and start it a few times to see what happens.
Al My 4440 revs up to 1200 rpm and a neighbors 4650 revs up as well on start up . Must be normal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: