Spark Plug Blow out

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Spark Plug Blow out

LX176 I had a spark plug blow out on a LX176. The dealer had to remove the head and install a spark plug insert. The bill reads 3.66 hours to complete this repair which seems like a long time to me. Can anyone tell me if this seems excessive or how long something like this should really take? Thanks!
Bruce In my opinion, this isn't at all excessive for this job. In fact, I think it was pretty fast! This isn't like removing a head from, say, an air-cooled Briggs engine! This is a water-cooled Kawasaki...the entire shrouding has to come off, the carb & intake, the exhaust, and the head. Then there's the actual insert work on the head, cleanup of the surfaces, new gaskets,... and re-assembly. The coolant also needs to be drained, and replaced. I've worked on a ton of these engines,...and don't see how a decent job of it could be done much quicker than that. Hope this eases your mind a little?
LX176 Bruce - thanks for the info. FYI the LX176 is the air cooled Kawasaki. I believe it is the LX178 that is water-cooled. None the less, your comments are helpful - thanks!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: