317 problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

317 problem

Bob246 I seem to be getting excessive oil from breather pipe and even from oil fill pipe. The oil fill cap will even pop off on occasion due to the pressure and make a mess. Oil level is at normal level.
bill robinson Hey Bob, I'm experiencing the same thing on a 317. Have you found anything? Thanks
Bruce I suspect you have a plugged, or defective, breather! This causes a "positive" crankcase vaccum, and is the reason for your filler-cap trouble. Remove and clean the breather, and perhaps replace the breather valve...at least check for a .010 or less clearance.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: