John Deere Hydro 185

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere Hydro 185

Mark Anyone have a diagram of the main drive belt on 80's model Hydro 185. Mine broke and the new one smoked when I first put it on, so I think I have it on incorrectly. There is a vertical fan on the back, then a pulley with an idler hanging below it, and the engine pulley and another small pulley by the engine.

TIA

Eric Did you ever find a diagram? I am having the same problem and have also been looking for one.
Mark Nope, having to take it in tomorrow for service!!!
Tyler I just picked up a JD 185 Hydro and it starts fine but I can only get it up to half throttle before it starts missing and backfiring. It doesn't seem to have much power even at half throttle. When I bring down the throttle from half to idle, it backfires quite a bit. I know the guy I got it from has changed the spark plug, fuel filter, and air filter. Has anyone had this problem before with a JD 185
Joe Tyler- I had the same problem. I changed the ignitor and the problem got less but it still happened when it was hot outside. The next thing I did was remove the fuel line from the carb and blow backwards with an air compressor until there were bubbles blowing in the gas tank. Put it all back together and it has been running like a top sense. It even starts easier now where before it would crank and crank until it started. Now I touch the key and it starts.
SEAN I HAVE A JD HYDRO185 A SPRING BROKE OFF ATTACHED TO THE SHIFTER THAT ENGAGES TO MOVE FORWARD OR REVERSE I HAVE NO MANUAL TO FIX OR NEW SPRING CAN ANYBODY HELP PLEASE!!!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: