lt-133 gas in crankcase

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

lt-133 gas in crankcase

Charlie i have had i issue with my lt133, it runs fine for about an hour, i check the oil and find it has thinned out and appears to have gas mixed in with it. i change the oil, it runs great and then go thru the same cycle.

i tried replacing the crab as i thought it may have been a float blow issue, etc.. now i thinking of disconnecting the fuel pump prior to turning the engine off. but otherwise at a loss. any ideas?

thankfully it still runs great.

Thanks

bontai Joe I think you were right is suspecting the carb's float not shutting off the fuel. Nothing wrong with installing a fuel line shutoff. Since you say it runs great otherwise, I don't think the gas is getting to the crankcase because of worn rings allowing fuel to wash down the cylinder walls. I would think that you would notice a lack of power from low compression if this was the case.
bontai Joe It's late at night and I sent the above before I was really finished. You should really check out the carb and fix if needed.
Charlie looks like it was the fuel pump. the diaphragm was leaking thru into the crankcase.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: