JD 870 clutch won't disengage

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 870 clutch won't disengage

J.P. Glen We have tried running and applying the brakes, that has worked in past years, but it wont help at all now..

I read on the board that if you tap on the plate while someone holds in the clutch it can break free, however,how can you tell which part is the plate (my brother has tried, but he is unsure where to place the punch) WHere exactlly do we place the punch? Any other fixes? ANY help sincerely appreciated!

boo I posted that about tapping with a punch...but if it keeps doing it you must have another problem..I don't know !
Smittty you are saying that when you push the clutch in , tractor still moves. Then ride around with the clutch in and this might break loose, may want to pull something behind you for extra load.
john glen Question is, where to tap?

jerry I would try chaining it to a large pine tree or something sturdy enough to hold the weight, hold in the clutch and start the machine, this will usually break loose a stuck clutch. be carefull though, be prepared for anything to happen. chain could break, tractor could rare up ect...

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: