SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

53 ford naa hydraulic issue

hilton rebuilt entire tractor . hydraulics work if i take the acorn nut off the back pressure valve and push on the center with a screwdriver slightly. what is this telling me. ist it straight foward and the valve bad?
mark sr While I've worked on the hydraulic system on my NAA several times, I'm not that knowledgeable about it. Do you still have the vane pump? or has it been switched to the piston pump? I assume you've checked the fluid level, what fluid do you have in it? Have you tried bleeding the system?
Bob G While I don't know what a back pressure valve is, if the system works when you press on it, I would say the problem is the valve! Is it a pressure relief valve?
Jim Loveridge You must have the FO-19 service manual. Did you read the last paragraph of section 126, page 40 (in mine)? If you don't have the manual, I'll re-type what it says. It's a little long, or I would just do it.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: