SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

pointless ignition problem

Jon I have continuity on both terminals at the battery if I touch the top of the coil post. Thus I have a current draw reulting in dead battery. Anyone have any thoughts.I converted the points to pointless.
Bob G Not real sure what you are trying to say, but if you have voltage to the top of the coil all the time, how do you shut it off? It would drain the battery. Bad key switch?
mark sr Is your tractor converted to 12 volts? When I converted my NAA [might not have wired it correctly] I had to install a toggle switch to cut off the current to the points. It takes both the key switch and toggle on to run the tractor but cutting off either one will shut it down but not stop all current.
Don R If you have converted the charging system over to an alternator, it very well could be that the rectifier bridge is staying energized after you shut off the key. The way you can check is to place a small metal object (a house key works good) to the back of the alternator where it looks like a grill, if the alternator stays energized, the back will stay magnetized and hold the metal object in place.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: