SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1946 ,,2n governor rebuild question

sapcpo I have a 46 2n/9n tractor. I have a question concerning thrust washers on the gov. took it apart and has no fiber washer #357319s on it. so looking at Ford FO-4 man it says its not used. but I go to ford/new Holland and it shows it listed. Some say you need it to keep the balls from hitting the housing. but I did find that it lists only for 8ns. it does have the small steel thrust washer in the end of the housing. #356491-s. when I took the gov apart the balls were wearing into the sides of housing, but the spacing was within specs. I don't know if I should use the fibre washer or not? any help?
Jim Loveridge I would not use it. The rebuilt governor will probably last another 68 years without it. From the illustration in my parts manual, I don't see how that can keep the balls from hitting the housing.
bOB g i REALLY DON'T HAVE A CLUE BUT IF IT IS NOT IN THE FO-4 I would not worry about it. Do you have the shim and washer that it shows in FO-4? I have had my 8ns apart but that is all I know about them. Luckily I have not had any problems with them.
Bob G NO, only for late 8n with proof meter!! YOU DON'T NEED IT!
Bob D 1948 8N
idles and runs fine...Move throttle past half way going up and nothing happens..rpm's
do not increase.....New plugs, points seem OK cleaned all filters etc? Pulled on rod to governor..nothing.. Am I missing something? Shold I try to adjust governor linkage or am I looking at a governor rebuild?

Bob G I almost never saw your post. You would be better served to have started a new post. I seldom look at the old posts.

Does the engine speed up when you move the rod from the governor to the CarB? I would adjust as described in the FO-4 service manual and go from there. If you do not have a manual, now would be good time to get one.
Good Luck

Bob D It's getting fuel OK...Have FO4..adjustments aren't doing much...ordered tune up kit and carb rebuild but the order got fouled up.il waiting....moving throttle lever does nothing...have gottem to the stage where I must choke it to keep it running...
getting worried...

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: