SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

NAA Carb Relief Valve

Michael Lacey Does anyone have a picture of their choke valve as it is installed in the NAA Marvel Schebler? I cannot figure out if I should be able to see the back of the relief valve flap or the opening. Mine is facing in and i can see the spring when the choke is open (ie, the valve is closed).

Logic tells me it should be reversed. That is, when my choke is open and the valve is closed, the relief valve will creep open under pressure to let in small amounts of air as it needs it, versus manually by the operator.

Bob G
Re: NAA Carb Relief Valve

The picture shows me hold the choke closed. Spring opens it. The by pass valve only come into play when the choke is closed to let some air past the choke butter fly. It does nothing when the choke is wide open.

Michael Lacey Bob, that's exactly what i thought it should look like. Mine is in backwards. i sent mine away to get fixed (the same place that redid my engine) and he sent it back in reverse. the caveate - it runs perfect now! Recall that i only started having issues when i tried to rebuild the carb myself. once i got it back, no issues.

i'll ask him about it, but i should probably just leave it be if it serves no real function 99% of the time.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: