SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

54 NAA Runs only when choked

Danny Chappell Hope someone here can help me with this. I just bought this tractor this week and it was running great. Today while pulling a box blade it started running rough. I pulled the choke out some and it cleared up and ran smooth. However the longer I ran the tractor the more choke it needed to run. Now pulled completely out it barely runs. Any ideas?
Bob G I would remove the drain plug in the bottom of the carb and measure your fuel flow. Should fill a pint jar in 2 to 3 minutes. If the fuel flow slows to a dribble, you have a plugged screen.
mark sr Ya, that's my first thought. You have 3 filters, one where the fuel line screws into the carb, the sediment filter and one above it in the tank. Working the tractor may have dislodged some trash.
Danny Chappell Thanks guys! I'll take a look there first. Hopefully it fixes it.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: