SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

thanks Jim!

mark sr I ordered an installed the oil filter adapter on my NAA While the instructions could have been a lot clearer it was easy to install and the spin on filter seals great .... and easy. No more oil drips, well none on that side of the tractor. Best I can tell it now holds about a 1/4 qt less oil.

The spin on filter has more clearance than the cartridge filter so oil changes should be a lot easier in the future!

Jim Loveridge Your welcome, glad it worked out well for you. What filter are you using?
mark sr The kit came with a Fram PH8A

I was shocked at some of the naysayers on the internet, claiming that a spin off filter will get punctured by rocks or limbs and then you'd burn up the engine when it ran out of oil. I'd think the odds of puncturing the filter are low and between the oil gauge and smelling the oil, I can't imagine a leak going unnoticed.

Jim Loveridge I laughed out loud when I read what you thought. You're absolutely right. there's, what, at least 30 psi or more at the filter. You couldn't help but notice a puncture. Besides, what about the thousands or more modern tractors out there that come with spin-on.
mark sr I intended to grade my road today but no sooner got started and the scraper blade broke. I got it welded and put back together but that took most of my energy.
I did get on my driveway enough to find out I have better oil pressure than before. I have a 100' or so stretch where because of the grade and angle my tractor struggles to have 5 psi oil pressure when going downhill. Now the pressure doesn't drop below 15 psi!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: