SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8N Serial Number - Help

Tom I have what, by all appearances, is an early 8N. It has front mounted distributor and the fellow I got it from in Alabama said he thought it was a 1947 model but wasn't sure. I need to rebuild the the engine as she is getting a little tired. The problem is, when I made the serial number completely legible, it was obvious that something wasn't right. The number is where it is supposed to be but does not conform the the normal numbering pattern. The number is as follows: GP-9814, preceded and ended with a star. There is no 9N, 2N or 8N as part of the serial number, so I don't think it was swapped from another tractor.
I have been unable to identify this engine thus far. I know there were military versions of the engine during WWII and that the engine was also used in some Ford automobiles but as of yet, have not been able to determine if these non-farm-use engines used a different numbering pattern. Hope someone can help me solve this mystery.

Bob G check this out. Looks like you have ford jeep engine. Does it have the place for a fuel pump?

http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=636109

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: