SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n wiring

Brad Hobbs OK guys, I need your help. I shorted out the wiring on my 8n. I thought I would remember how to re-wire it but I don't. It has been converted to 12 volt. It has a front mount distributor with a 12 volt coil mounted on top. It has the amp meter that has a loop which you run the wire through. It has a one wire alternator. Under the amp meter there is a block that most of the wires connect to. Just need to know what goes where.
Thanks for your help.

mark sr A quick search turned up this - https://www.google.com/search?q=8n+wiring+diagram+12+volt&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xmHQUo-KManhsAT7soDQBw&ved=0CDUQsAQ&biw=1088&bih=486

Some of the others might know of a better site.

Ken N Tx
Re: 8n wiring

mark, your link no worky..

mark sr Sorry about that [PC's aren't my strong suit]

Pics are better anyway!! thanks Ken!

Brad Hobbsb Thanks for the help. Got it wired back up. Doesn't seem to be getting any fire. Is there a way to test and see if the coil is good? It is 12 volt square type. I thought possibly the wires shorting out might have damages the coil.
Ken N Tx
Re: 8n wiring

First check the inline resistor..

Brad Hobbs Replaced the coil and it started right up. I have a question about the resistor. It has the original that is mounted just below the amp meter but there is an additional one that is not hooked up. When using a 12 volt coil is it necessary to use both resistors? Thanks for the help guys.
Bob G The extra resistor was used with a 6 volt coil. not needed with 12 volt coil, just use the original ballast resistor.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: