SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Engine Oil Pump Tubes

Tom Maples
Engine Oil Pump Tubes

I am rebuilding a 1953 Ford NAA Engine. Machine Shop kept the block/head for two months and my memory has gone dim. I am installing oil pump and appears I am missing a part where oil pump tube goes into block (see picture). Should this tube not be sealed? The tube looks like it may have had a ferrel on it at one time. Now it is only loose in the block. The nut that screws into the block does nothing to retain the tube. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Jim Loveridge Looking at my parts catalog, the illustration looks like it indeed did have a male fitting and ferrule on the end. Part number EAF 6716-B (whole tube assembly) if you can find one. You should be able to see threads down in that hole. Let us know what you had to do.
Ken N Tx
Re: Engine Oil Pump Tubes

I found this video on the pump install..Copy and paste to your browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OB_iwkWF8#t=68

mark sr I was a little hesitant to post a reply as it's been several years since I've had the bottom of my 53 NAA opened up but in the video that Ken posted, a reference was made that not all the NAAs had the fitting at the end of the tube. I don't remember my tractor having that fitting but rather it pushed in with seal to hold it tight .... but my memory isn't near as good as it used to be.
Tom Maples I appreciate all who responded. I looked the world over and could not find the parts available to solve this problem. Finally I went to Lowe's Home Store and bought a 1/2 OD brass ferrule in the plumbing dept and it seems to have sealed up pretty tight. I'm going to pressurize the oil system before I install but I feel good about the fix. Thanks Again to All.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: