SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

8n oil filter

stevem Changing the oil & filter in my 8n. How do I drain the oil left in the filter cannister? Or do I need to?
Bob G Sometimes I just wipe out what I can and others I completely remove the complete assy and do a good cleaning. What little is in it is not really that much. But cleaner is always better!

Jim Loveridge I don't have an 8N, but I do have a 2N. Isn't there a little drain plug in the bottom of the canister? I would run out and look at mine, but it's below zero here so, NOT! Otherwise I know you can buy an oil sucker at automotive parts houses. You then could suck the oil out of it.
stevem NO drain on the bottom, just the connection from the oil pump. I'll remove it and clean it. It's a balmy 30 here.
Bob G The line hooked to the bottom is not from the oil pump. Oil comes into the filter at the side from the t at the back of the block. The bottom line goes to the governor to lube the gov gears. Early Ns did not have that line but a short one to return oil to the pan. inside the housing is a stand pipe taht has a small hole in it to the internal tube and only oil that goes thru that hole gets returned to the pan via of the Governor housing. What gets trapped in the housing is the oil on the outside of that tube and like Jim an oil sucker or turkey baster will get the most of it.
Was 15 here, Western Oregon, overnight but up to 29 now at noon!

stevem I'm beginning to understand, thanks. All went well but I have another post coming, so I'll start a new subject

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: