SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Jubilee Runs then quits

M Pierson I've got a Golden Jubilee that in the last few days will run for about an hour, then will sputter and quit, as if it's out of fuel. If I let it rest for a few minutes, it will run for a bit and then repeat the scenario.
Itseems to be worse when I'm going uphill. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Bob G I would pull the drain plug from bottom of carb and check the fuel flow. An 8n will fill a pint jar in about 2 to 3 minutes. assume Jub will flow the same. If the flow stars out good and then starts just barely flowing, some thing is plugged. If fuel flow is good then I would check for spark to the plugs just as quick as you can when it dies.
Good luck

M Pierson Thanks Bob- I'll check that out- my initial thought was possibly some sediment clogging the bottom of the fuel tank, but wanted to put the question out there before i take off the sediment bowl and drain the tank- I'll check the carb drain route first.
matt

Jim Loveridge M Pierson, I had exactly the same symptoms with my '54 NAA a few years ago. It cleared up when I put on a new coil. Don't go and throw money at yours though. When it starts acting up, feel the coil to see if it is hot, or check for a good strong blue spark by holding the wire that goes into the top of the distributor cap about a 1/4 inch from the block and crank it over with the key on.
John A I have an 8-N and it did the same thing and it was the coil also.Been working great for years.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: