SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1975 Ford Industrial 3550 hydraulic lockout

Charles HI, New to the board. New to homesteading. Hear in Northern Michigan, winter seems to come early, and this year spring late and winter late too - bummer. As we are new to homesteading. Making great progress though with our dogs. My brother took the tractor, a 1975 ford industrial 3550 down a hill in reverse, clutched dumped and probably hit 1400 rpm. As soon as he got to the bottom, it would only shift when not running. Originally we thought maybe the fork, not the fork. Then we were told the model (probably other models as well) has a hydro lockout in the form of a couple of little steel straw like rods that bearings rise in and lock the hydro out when in neutral at too many RPM's to prevent blowout. I was told to take the hood off, then there will be a plate, remove the plate, I will see two small steel cylinder style straws rise, and I will see a steel ball bearing lifted and stuck, and then I was told to push them both down (it is allegedly a X 2 thing), wash out, WD etc, change out fluids and roll. Can anybody assist a semi-new homesteader, and a totally new tractor guy?
Ed Hi Charles, welcome to the SSB tractor forum.

Which transmission do you have? If it will only shift when not running, it could be the clutch. You should be able to adjust the clutch by shortening the linkage attached to the clutch pedal.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: