SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by keljan11 on Sunday, June 10, 2018:

Hey all, newbie on site. Have had this tractor for many years, and now it has developed an ignition short, it keeps blowing the ignition fuse. It will start and run, but when I pull the engine stop, that's it. Won't start. Checked the fuses, and the ignition fuse is blown. Change the fuse and it's good to go, starts right up, but kill the engine and the fuse is blown again.
I've looked over all the accessible wiring, but can't see any damaged wire coating where it could ground out. Tractor has a cab, so I'm unable to see too well under the dashboard, as I can't get the dash cover apart. Could the key switch be the issue?
Any other suggestions out there?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: