SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us

Search This Message Board:
Posted by sixbales on Tuesday, April 17, 2018:

In Reply to: Ford 76' 4500 hydraulic leak posted by meb on Monday, April 16, 2018:

Howdy meb, welcome to the tractor forum.

I asked the guys at the YT Ford tractor forum what this weep hole was for, and what was required to repair it. Got the following responses from Shaun Wallace and RickB:

Shaun Wallace:
"There is a test port for trans above that plate. First guess is converter seal is leaking. This will require a split between eng/trans. Will also need to pull fuel tank/steering gear to get to converter drive bolts. If has backhoe it will have to come off and hoe subframe will have to be dropped so can roll trans back.May have to drain hyd oil because of cross over tube between frame sides."

"Or he can prop the loader frame securely and roll the front end and engine away from the loader, transmission, rear axle and backhoe. Much less work."

Shaun acknowledged that RickB's approach would save a lot of work.

The above is based upon my guess that you have a torque converter transmission, that is the only transmission that has the 5"x5" inspection plate with weep hole that I'm aware of. Please advise if this is not the tranny you have.

You will need to get a shop/repair manual and study up on this before doing the job.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):



Sign Up For Our Monthly Special Sales!