SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Dave on Sunday, May 20, 2018:

I'm having an issue with my 02 CX100. Temp gauge is running at the edge of green/red but the temps are all 190 or less according to my infrared gun. I've replaced both thermostats with new 185's, new water pump, flushed cooling system and new coolant, new fuel filter, changed oil and filter, changed hydraulic filter, changed both air filters, replaced temp sending unit, replaced temp gauge even though I didn't think the old one was bad, replaced radiator cap even though the old one wasn't very old, belts are fine not slipping, replaced fan clutch last fall. Starts at a touch of the key, runs like a top, stops normal. Never has boiled or anything like that. isn't losing antifreeze. No pressure buildup in fuel tank or any strange stuff like that. After spending a few hours in the field baling hay with the gauge showing hot the whole time I can use my infrared temp gun and radiator temps are 190 or less, thermostat housing block will be in the 170's maybe 180, hydraulic fluid filter housing will read about 110-115, hottest temp (other than turbo) is about 210-220 on the block, head is 180's, bottom radiator hose is a little less than top by 10-20 degrees. It's not getting hot just the gauge is telling me it is. I'd really like it to give me the correct reading. Tractor is 02 CX100 with about 3800 hours. The only thing I haven't changed is the dash circuit board which I don't want to buy just trying to see if it's the problem. Does anyone have a clue what it might be? I've changed everything in the 'cooling system'.... Thanks in advance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: