SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by tim hon on Monday, May 14, 2018:

One of the two boom cylinders was leaking badly out of the gland.

I replaced it.

I recall the cylinder seals, had 3 gaskets... 2 outer ones that looked the same, and one in the middle that the shop guy said was the "wiper"... but didn't actually do the work of holding the pressure.

Anyways, the new middle "wiper" seal didn't fit properly, so I used the old one.

After replacing everything, now... the whole boom... after raising it up, it slowly lowers on it's own... like 1 foot per second.... I did not have this problem before I replaced the boom cylinder.

Could it be that small wiper seal?? Or I just did something else wrong?

Someone else told me it could also be one of the valves at the control lever. I visual inspection of the controls shows a small leak BUT NOT for the boom lever... its for the dipper lever (and the dipper cyl is strong still).

Any ideas?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: