SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Jim Loveridge on Wednesday, June 25, 2014:

Here is my dilemma. I just put the engine back together AGAIN after stripping it down to have the seats ground along with the valves. The head was warped and it is now flat (pistons don't make contact). New rings last year. The compression is still low, 65-75. I've got good spark, valve lifter clearance is set, .015 exh. and .011 int. I do not have a source of gas hooked up to the carb, but I filled the bowl. When I crank it over even with starting fluid it won't even bark.

My next plan is to attach some sort of temporary gas supply and try to pull start it. I'm hoping that if I can get it running, the rings might seat. Any other advise?

Yes, I checked the firing order more than once.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: