SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Bob D on Sunday, June 22, 2014:

In Reply to: Ford 8N distributor posted by Bob D on Saturday, June 21, 2014:

Trying to reconstruct what happened. One of the end prongs was touching the breaker point bottom plate. I thought it was in the groove. When I mounted the distributor back on the tractor the plate moved up and froze and the rotor et al wouldn't turn. When I took it out it was solid. I wouldn't have believed it would make that much difference. Not sure how much damage if any when I was trying to restart the tractor. Removed the snap ring and it freed up.

Also, not sure if it was totally related but I have no spark at the plugs (obviously) but my ammeter usually moves when starting but isn't now. I took the coil wire off and get a spark when I ground it. Will get back on it this week. Thank you for the response Jim and Bob..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: