SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by mrlewp87 on Saturday, June 07, 2014:

In Reply to: Setting Points Gap; Before & After? posted by mrlewp87 on Sunday, May 18, 2014:

Thanks to all. I'm no longer getting alerts to new posts!? (good thing I spell-check my iPad's spell-check. It had put in "nerd" instead of "new"! Ha) I lost track of where I posted this. Just now see nothing about following posts.
Anyway.... As life does sometimes, it has created many diversions for me. I've yet to install the distributor. I began posting 2-3 months ago on problems with our "Hey, Jube" :-/
It wouldn't run for more than 20 mins. More often 2 or 3 max.!
I'm happy to report that as a result of days, weeks worth of efforts, and TLC, plus a few small parts, I got her running. Dragged the pasture a couple weeks ago for 1hr. 35 mins.!
That's with the old distributor, with wobbly shaft. I think the shaft likely "binds" or sets into a position and holds fairly steady. It must! or how would it run? And very smoothly I might add. Oh,... Yes, I'm still putting the new one in.
An FYI; I believe it was sediment coming at first from the gas tank. That, and a crusty old, curvy (not the wife) pipe feeding air, and possibly "rust-dust"? directly to the carb. Thorough cleaning of both, and all seems well, for now. I should replace that pipe, since it likely will begin shedding again (if only the wife would. :-(
Now to see about post alerts. Thanks again. Like the ideas presented.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: