SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Stu on Monday, May 19, 2014:

I have a 1961 Ford tractor Model 641 that I am rebuilding the engine. I have pulled the motor from the tractor and I noticed that the flywheel
ring gear was a little worst for ware, so I bought a new 134 tooth gear. The shop manual says to heat the gear to 360 degrees and place on flywheel (shrink fit). That didn't work even with a little persuading with a hammer and block of wood. I even put the flywheel in the freezer for 3 days, then heated the gear and it still would not go. I then measured the bore of the gear and the OD of the flywheel and found that there is .025" differance. That sounds like way to much for a shrink fit. Do I have a gear with an undersize bore?? I don't think I have a big enough hammer to overcome that much shrink. Your expert help is what I'm looking for!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: