SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by ob G on Wednesday, May 14, 2014:

In Reply to: PTO Overrun Coupler!? posted by Michael Lacey on Wednesday, May 14, 2014:

The over run coupler/clutch on the pto is used when one is using a brush hog type mower. On tractors that do not have live PTO like the n series, when you push in the clutch the PTO stops turning. With brush hog type mower the rotating blades will try to drive the tractor forward which can be a dangerous thing. What the ORC does is disengages the mower any time the mower RPM is higher than the PTO. If you push in the clutch the mower will spin free without pushing the tractor.

They are also known as a one way clutch or a sprag clutch. a side benefit is the size bit. my tractors have a 1 1/8 PTO and shaft on mower is 1 3/8 so that is the OrC that I have. I would not run a mower without one!

If you do not have a brush hog type mower you really do not need one. Also the PTO cover does not fit when the ORC is installed.

If you have any more question just ask away! Gives me something to do sometimes!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: