SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by dan on Sunday, April 27, 2014:

In Reply to: Re: 8N CARB ISSUE posted by Jim Loveridge on Saturday, April 26, 2014:

Let me try to add more clarity.

It ran fine when it was parked and covered last fall.

It won't start and run with the intake completely covered, but it will pull vacuum and fuel. If it is covered and you crank, it starts to pull a vacuum and fuel to a point where the engine wants to fire. At that point if you remove your hand it will start and burn the fuel that has been delivered when covered and then quit. It will run only 2 to 5 seconds, but if you continue to cover the intake and let in only a tiny bit of air you can keep it running longer but much slower. About 15 seconds is my record.

By the way you guys are welcome to come over and see it for yourselves, coffee is on me.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: