SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Bob G on Saturday, April 26, 2014:

In Reply to: 1944 ford 2n: turns over fine and runs for 10-20 min then dies posted by Nathanial on Saturday, April 12, 2014:

I am not a expert on the front mount dist by any means, but if the spring was welded to the contact I would think tht was a problem.
new tune up parts will be good and if you get it running and it dies, then just as soon as it dies check for spark. don;t wait, jump off and check for spark. The square coils are known to quick working when they get hot. Then work again when they cool down. I would not buy a new coil until I could prove the old one bad. I don't like to throw money at problems.

Make sure you geet the right wire to the right spark plug. fireing order is 1.2.4.3 with number one being closest to the radiator. Dist cap is marked also.
good luck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: