SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Bob G on Friday, April 18, 2014:

In Reply to: 1944 ford 2n: turns over fine and runs for 10-20 min then dies posted by Nathanial on Saturday, April 12, 2014:

The part marked A is the drain plug which has to be installed. B is either a cintered bronze plug or a felt drain filter. If you have excess fuel in the carb throat then it will drain out of B. That is what it is for. If it runs out all the time, then the carb float is not shutting off the fuel flow like it should. If it just leaks fuel after trying to start it, you are probably flooding it.

If your ignition switch is bad it will still crank over. It is an ignition switch. turn it on and check for spark at the spark plug.
Don't get into the habit of just replacing parts. It can get expensive. If you have a volt meter check the voltage at the coil. or on both sides of the ing switch with it off then on.

By geetting rid of the fuel blockage you probably changed how much choke is required when starting.

I have two 8ns and they both require different choke usage. I like to start charking and if it does not fire, give it apull on the choke. if it fires I have to get on and off the choke until it warms up a bit. If I fload one, I usually just walk away for a hour or so and then when I go back she will fire right up. Just remember to turn ign switch off.
Good luck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: