SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Phil on Sunday, February 02, 2014:

In Reply to: Ford 8 n motor issues posted by Phil on Sunday, February 02, 2014:

Thanks fr your reply. Sorry for the iPad auto correct but I have a goal in my next life that I can look up and type I drained the carb before trying to start it. The flow looked good. The tractor smokes carbon looking smoke so if the carb had issues so I'd think it'd be more lean in your case but that's easy enough to try. I have a few old carbs that I bought for other 8 N's I've had ill try swapping those out to see if I'm lucky. Is there a way to check the pro advance? The dist I bought was sold as new and looked the part anyway. The problem remained the same when I first put it on. Should the rotor have any movement on a front dist machine? On the carb from my limited experience that little screen on the end of the tube has cost me the most issues but the tractor never smoked. Thanks again

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: