SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Phil on Sunday, February 02, 2014:

Hi there and thanks in advance. I have a ford 8 N , front dist. The motor will idol but when I try to give it throttle it runs similar to being down a cylinder. Here's what I've done
New points, plugs, cap, wires, head gasket, compression test good, new distributor, have blown out jets ans cleaned carb, new gas, the valves looked good when I had the head off.
This happened all at once when I was mowing last fall.
To keep this post short I have a couple questions
1) I'm thinking the next step is the cam gear. I can grab the rotor and wiggle it a little side to side. Is this normal? The spec I think is .006 and to my untrained hand it old be that. I'm not thrilled to pull the whole front off but if you can tell me an easy way to check the backlash that would be great
2). I've retired this fro 12 volt. Do I need the resistor or not? I read conflicting views about burning points or weak spark. Right now it's not in but I have good spark.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: