SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Steve Bird on Tuesday, December 17, 2013:

In Reply to: Re: Starter on 9N won't Work posted by Jim Loveridge on Thursday, November 21, 2013:

It took me awhile to actually work on this issue but I wanted to provide an update. I did disconnect and wire brush all the battery connections and the location where the battery cables attached to. After I did that the starter still would not engage on its own. While messing around checking wires I found a loose wire that connects to the block on the inside of the steering column. I fixed that, not expecting that it would do anything and all of a sudden the tractor started up. The wire that was loose went to the starter solenoid I think it is. The silver cylinder located on the inside bottom of the steering column fairly close to the starter. Thanks for all your help once again to get me started looking in the right direction! Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: