SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Bradley Burke on Friday, December 13, 2013:

I am rebuilding the steering gear box om my 1949 8N. The steering shaft and wheel needed to be replaced so I want to replace all the bearings while I am at it. The gear box has been removed. In order to remove the lower bearing seat, I turned the gear box over and there is a hole that has a 1 1/4" dia steel plug, which when removed allowed me to access the the bearing seat to pop it out. Problem is the plug is was damaged and needs to be replaced. I don't see it listed anyplace where steering parts are available. The only mention I see of it at all is online where a rebuild procedure is outlined and it is called a welsh plug. That is at http://www.ntractorclub.com/howtos/pdfs/Steering-Box-Late-8N-Steering-Rebuild.pdf, if you want to check it out, Look at step 4. Any ideas where I might find a replacement for the plug?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: