SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Bob G on Saturday, November 09, 2013:

In Reply to: Re: NAA Knocking Update posted by Michael Lacey on Saturday, November 09, 2013:

I would drop the pan and check the clearances with plastagage. you can get it at any auto parts tore. it comes in several sizes. I would do a google seach on using it. you should find some very good information. It sounds like you do not have a service manual. before you go any further, I would suggest you get one. It will pay for itself in no time. The connecting rod is the part that runs from the crank to the piston. the bearings have an upper and lower shell. they are matched sets and are to be replaced together. they come in several sizes depending on the dimension of the journals on the crank shaft.

Like I said get the manual and study it before you drop the pan. You want to know what you are doing before you start tearing it apart or you will have a pile of scrap iron in no time.
Good luck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):



Sign Up For Our Monthly Special Sales!