SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS

Search This Message Board:
Posted by Michael Lacey on Thursday, November 07, 2013:

I am curious as I attempt to learn more about the 4 stroke engine. I understand the 4 strokes and am most curious about the 1st - intake.

Gas and air mix in the carburator and enter the valves and bores in the form of a gas via atmospheric pressure - is this correct? I understand no suction is involved.

My question is, what causes your engine to increase rpms? are you essentially forcing more gas and air mixture into the engine, essentially providing more to burn and push the pistons at a faster rate?

If this is true, what would cause a delay in throttle response? Meaning, when i increase throttle the rpms do not instantly increase. There is a few second delay and it is worse when the engine is not warmed up (which seems to take a good 5 - 10 minutes).

Could anyone share their knowledge?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: