Yanmar 1500D blowing oil, white smoke, power loss

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Yanmar 1500D blowing oil, white smoke, power loss

Jim white smoke on startup gets thicker at higher rpms. Oil droplets blowing out exhaust, especially at higher rpms. Power loss after running an hour or so with finish mower (just wants to die). Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jim

Smitty I had the same problem on my 155d - now I'm not implying that there is a problem with the 155 - mine had a lot of hard hours on it before I got it and I swear I don't think the oil/filter were ever changed before I did it (it had 1100 hours on it then)..and it served me well for several years. In fact my Dad has it now and just uses it to putt around his place(darn thing will idle all day long at about 400 rpm - you can almost read the belt number while it's running) - he uses it for spotting trailers and other things - no pto work from it anymore - if you put it under a load oil will start dripping out of the exhaust on the rear where there is a small hole rusted thru and cover your right foot and lower leg in about 20 minutes. :) - no problem with those pesky misquitos thanks to the smoke. Someone suggested adjusting the valves - which I did and it didn't help - sounds like it's time for a re-build - which you can find some of the best prices from the dealers right here on this forum.

Good luck!

len Sounds like it may need an overhaul. Run a compression check. Does it have a lot of blow by? Also check for bubbles in the radiator---head gasket.
Jim Many Thanks for the replies! I'll relay the info to Jim. Yep, sure does have blow by. Will do the checks suggested. Haven't had it long, was hoping it didn't need an overhaul...but...
sounds similar to yours SMitty- exhaust spatters on me too, without pto work, unless rpms are down around 1500 or so

Connie

Keith Head Gasket!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: