Torque settings

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Torque settings

Pierre My friend has a Yanmar 4WD 3 cyl tractor. The headgasket was replaced, but we cannot find the torque settings for the bolts. There are 2 different sizes, nl. 16 and 12 mm diameter. Can anyone help with the settings & sequence? The only information I have, is the engine serial: 3T84A/LP and it's rated as 26,4kW @ 2600rpm

DONNIE L. HOLLAND
i do not know about that engine but the average torque on head bolts on a diesel is to torque all bolts to
20 ft-lbs then go back and torque them to 50 ft-lbs. i don't know that this is right for your engine but i believe that it is close if you can't find the exact torque

Brian This is straight from the manual for a 3 cylinder ym1720d 22-23 hp. Yours should be similar.

Coat studs; cylinder head bolts and nuts with clean engine oil, and tighten in sequence in Fig. 31 to 29 ftIbs (39 Nm) (4.0 kgm).
4. Retighten head bolts and nuts in sequence in Fig. 31
to 58 ft-ibs (78Nm) (8.0 kgm) and finally tighten to
n to 79ft-lbs (78 to 108 Nm) (10 to 11 kgm).

Brian This is straight from the manual for a 3 cylinder ym1720d 22-23 hp. Yours should be similar.

Coat studs; cylinder head bolts and nuts with clean engine oil, and tighten in sequence in Fig. 31 to 29 ftIbs (39 Nm) (4.0 kgm).
4. Retighten head bolts and nuts in sequence in Fig. 31
to 58 ft-ibs (78Nm) (8.0 kgm) and finally tighten to
n to 79ft-lbs (78 to 108 Nm) (10 to 11 kgm).

Brian If you want the page. E-mail me
Pierre Yes, please send the page by e-mail. It will help a lot.
Thanks for the help.

Danny This is out of the service manual for a 3T84A-N rated 24.6 KW @2600rpm.

Initial 43 ft lbs
second 87 ft lbs
Final 116 - 130 ft lbs
cylinder head assist bolts 36 ft lbs
rocker arm shaft support nuts 48 ft lbs

Danny

Brian Use Danny's specs in lieu of my manuals specs. Did you get the pics. I had to send them JPEG. Your e-mail server was rejecting other formats. If you did not get the pic's I will send them to you snail mail or whatever if you need me to.

Merry Christmas

Brian

Pierre To all who helped with info - thanks a lot. I received the JPEG file with the correct sequence as well as the correct torque values.
All of the best for the new year to all.
Regards
Pierre

len Use Danny's specs . The YM1720 has a 3T75 engine

panos BRIAN it is emegency to see the page of the 3t75 or something. i need the settings to tihgt corect the cylinder head.
pls mail me the page or the manual or any website that explains for the cylinder head of the 3t75
how much is the valves clearance?

my mail is

panagos20@gmail.com

thnx for your time anyway

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: