Yanmar Package Deal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Yanmar Package Deal

Bernard What do you think about this Yanmar 2500 deal? I went to a place that offers package deals. Included was a 2500 Yanmar tractor, a 5 foot box blade, a 5 foot bush hog, a 5 foot disk, a boom bar and a large trailer to pull everything home on. The trailer has dual wheels and all appears to be brand new except for the Yanmar 2500. The price is $6500 for all. You can also purchase items seperately, but do better to take the package. If you don't need the trailer the man takes $800 off the selling price and you bring your own trailer to take everything home. Is this a nice deal? The other place I went to wanted $5500 for a Yanmar 2500 and a bush hog.
elwood Remember, you get what you pay for. Is there any warranty with the tractor. You may be getting a Vietnamesse tractor. These tend to be of the poorest grade. They usually have new paint and hour meters. Fredricks Equipment sells refurbished Yanmars and they carry a 6 month warranty.
Bernard Elwood, you are 100% correct. We are still looking around. We are seriously considering buying an American made tractor. We live in the New Orleans, LA area and are too far to shop at Fredricks. I did visit their website.

greg g Assuming the implements are the red colored Chinese stuff, you're paying maybe $4500 for the tractor itself. If it looks like the "refurbishment" consists of little more than the paint job and hour meter mentioned by elwood, steer clear. If it otherwise looks good, don't take the trailer unless it has electric brakes. You can pick new one of those Sikeston trailers around here for no more than $650, and brakes on one axle only cost another hundred. At $800, yours is no bargain.

//greg//

elwood elwood:
Remember, you get what you pay for. Is there any warranty with the tractor. You may be getting a Vietnamesse tractor. These tend to be of the poorest grade. They usually have new paint and hour meters. Fredricks Equipment sells refurbished Yanmars and they carry a 6 month warranty.

Bernard:
Elwood, you are 100% correct. We are still looking around. We are seriously considering buying an American made tractor. We live in the New Orleans, LA area and are too far to shop at Fredricks. I did visit their website.

greg g:
Assuming the implements are the red colored Chinese stuff, you're paying maybe $4500 for the tractor itself. If it looks like the "refurbishment" consists of little more than the paint job and hour meter mentioned by elwood, steer clear. If it otherwise looks good, don't take the trailer unless it has electric brakes. You can pick new one of those Sikeston trailers around here for no more than $650, and brakes on one axle only cost another hundred. At $800, yours is no bargain.

elwood elwood:
Remember, you get what you pay for. Is there any warranty with the tractor. You may be getting a Vietnamesse tractor. These tend to be of the poorest grade. They usually have new paint and hour meters. Fredricks Equipment sells refurbished Yanmars and they carry a 6 month warranty.

Bernard:
Elwood, you are 100% correct. We are still looking around. We are seriously considering buying an American made tractor. We live in the New Orleans, LA area and are too far to shop at Fredricks. I did visit their website.

greg g:
Assuming the implements are the red colored Chinese stuff, you're paying maybe $4500 for the tractor itself. If it looks like the "refurbishment" consists of little more than the paint job and hour meter mentioned by elwood, steer clear. If it otherwise looks good, don't take the trailer unless it has electric brakes. You can pick new one of those Sikeston trailers around here for no more than $650, and brakes on one axle only cost another hundred. At $800, yours is no bargain.

elwood elwood:

Bernard:

greg g:

Jon ttt
chris Trailer with breaks on one axel = $800 max.

Brush hog ( 5 foot ) = $ 550 with guard chains and clutch.
Overrunning for above = $35
Chain guard for above = $100 or so

Rake ( 5 foot ) = $ 235

Farm blade ( 5 foot ) = $235

That makes the 2500 = $4545

Out west there seams to be two types. Grade A has the original hour meter and has some reconditioning with a warenty. The low for these seams to be $4100 with a nice one for couple $4300 or so. Grade B or less, seams to be a lesser grade with fresh paint, dings, dents, and it's yours when you take it away, $3700 lowest I've seen. ( rougher ) to almost the same as the better one. Easy to spot most of the time with reset hour meters. Always thought you folks had a little better priceing going down south, doesn't sound like it, almost the same. I wonder about that because of the extra shipping someone must be paying to get it to the east coast. Almost a sure thing that they are entering the states from the west?? Be carefull. If it is a nice one, might be close to the west coast prices. Not sure that is a good thing though,
chris

chris If you are looking
www.trippleddd.com/
YM 2500 looks like a grade A for $4350
YM 2610 for $4610 ( power shift )
I don't have anything to do with the outfit, but it is one of the sights I track priceing with.
chris

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: