SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Stuck throttle

Terry Brookham Yanmar 186D, I have a stuck throttle (either all the way open or mid way). Position is about med way. Where could the problem(s) be?
winston Go to the above "search this message board" field above and type in "186d races. Gentleman there had a problem that might be similiar to yours.
Al The hand throttle has to be moveable yet stay where set, and integrated with the foot one. So check all the linkages for something stuck or detached. A common trouble-place is the friction washer or disk near the firewall. It can be tightened or loosened.
Terry Brookham After cleaning up the area where the throttle linkeage attaches to the engine, I found the regulator handle would not move. It appeared that the shaft that the regulator handle attaches to was partially rusted to the pump. I began a soaking of wd40 and moving the rod and it finally started to respond by moving more freely.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: