SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Yanmar tractor, 1820D

Terry Lambert Anyone familiar with YM1820D? Can't find any information, shop manual, parts, etc. Was told it is same as John Deere 552 or 555, but green, ughhhhh. Have owned it for about 10 years, no problems, battery and service.
Al A new model for the local market, the 1810, didn't sell well because of the extra cost of the new 3-cyl engine so it barely lasted through 1981. The next year they tried making it heavier as the 1820 but it wasn't successful either and was soon discontinued. Nothing wrong with it, just not many around.

There's no English manuals for any grey-market models, but there's a good work-around through Murray Publishing.

winston Hoye tractor has operators manuals for it. Aaron also says in one of his posts that a ym226 is the closest American model for it. I have a ym2002d and the closest manual to it is the ym226. I bought that manual and have used it. It is pretty close but definitely some differences. It is actually a manual for ym220,220d, ym226,ym226d. Comes with a heafty price tag but probably worth it if you intend to do your own work. My ym2002d also has wet brakes. The Ym220/226 has dry brakes.
Richard Hunt I have had 1820d for over 2.5 years put on over 100 hours. Got both operator and parts manuals from Hoye tractor.
Al Hoye and Murray are connected, so you can contact either for the workaround manuals for a "grey" or for factory manuals for a similar export model.

About that green, Yanmar chose it for safety for maximum visibility night or day. Because Americans couldn't stand it they switched to the orangey red.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: