SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

yanmar tractor dealer in georgia

jim walker i am looking for a yanmar tractor(my first tractor ever)in georgia and would like to know if anyone has had any advice.
Larry Ragan There used to be someone around ATL but I don't know if he's in business anymore. If you don't mind going over by Birmingham, AL, Fredricks Equipment in Hartselle is a UTDA member and always has a large stock of rebuilt tractors. Didn't buy my tractor from them but I have purchased ROPS and other equipment from them. Seem to be good people and have a good reputation.
Jess Jim,
I have a place down in the triangle formed by Macon, Dublin, and Milledgeville. There are two good and reputable folks within 15 miles of me that I have dealt with and can recommend without reservation. These are Woodard's Tractor, East of Macon on Hwy. 49 and Albritton Equipment on US441 North of Dublin. Also, look into the Georgia Outdoor News to see the advertisements in there by Yanmar Dealers. There are several good ones. I know Harold in Lawrenceville. He is very good and has a good stock.

I would highly recommend that you see the dealer you buy from has good shop facilities. I can vouch for the shop facilities of all the folks I have mentioned. All of them have also proven they can get parts in overnight. The advertisers in GON, I cannot vouch for.

jim walker thanks fella's.guess its time to put a yanmar in the yard
Clyde Brannen The guys in Atlanta are VN-1 tractors in Norcross. Do a search online about Vietnamese import tractors so that you know what you are getting before you buy. I bought one from these guys and have been pretty happy, but realize that just because they look new they are not. You will need to maintain them as you would any 30 year + old piece of machinery.

VN-1 imports most of the Yanmars in the southeast so if you buy one anywhere around here it probably comes from this location. They usually will have about 100 on hand all stored inside a big warehouse so you can pick from quite a few. One note is that if you buy direct from VN-1 make sure that you service it (check fluids etc.) before putting it in operation. By buying directly from the importer you are taking the place of a local dealer. When I bought mine the new bush hog hade no fluid in the gear box. I have had mine now for 2 1/2 years and have used it hard with only minor issues. One last peice of advice about VN-1, remember that this laocation sells to dealers mostly. They do sell directly to the public and I'd buy there again, but don't expect a slick store front. Call ahead to make sure someone is going to be there and be prepared to walk around back to find someone to help you as it is a large place and usually has only a couple of folks working.

Charles Tucker Hi, I am writing you because I had a Yanmar 2500 series small tractor. At least that's what I was told it was. It was rear wheel drive, no power steering supposed to be 26 to 30 HP. It had a great feature that I loved and that was an extra leg. That's right. It was equipped with 2 Hi and Low settings with a 4 speed tranny, one reverse with clutch. It didn't have a synchronized tranny. It was perfect, light weight and small enough for 3 to 5 acers yards/fields and most small one row farms. I painted it John Deere colors and it looked amazing. It was stolen in 2009 along with everything else we own in a house burglary, inside and out. Will not get over our loss for a long time. But we are looking for a new home so all may in well for us. However, I cannot find another Yanmar 2500 series tractor like the one I had. If you can assist in any way to find, or may be identify what tractor I actually had, please advise. I can be reached at email address, imhandy63a2yahoo.com. Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon. Have a wonderful day. Charles and Ronda Tucker.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: