SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

yanmar 336 D hood

Brian I am looking for a yanmar 336 D hood. Mine is completely rusted all around the area of the pivot bolts where it attaches to the chassis. Any suggestions
Al If you find a replacement, there's a guy with an MF1200 who could use the old one. If not, just take it to a body shop.

Mark I just finished making a pair or hood hinges for a gent with the exact same problem.

After sandblasting and cutting away the rotted metal, I made two 1/8" plates and a vertical strut to run across the bottome of the hood. Triangle shapped plates were bolted (sandwitched) on the inner and outer sides of the missing metal areas and welded to the strut insides. Two 1/2 nuts (and hood stops)were welded to the bottom of the hinge insides....and duplicated the original position to a T.

The customer was very happy with the fabrication and took the hood to a shop that does Rhino bed liner installation. They did the inside of the hood before I finished painting and reinstalling the hood. This might sound like too much work, but it was considerably faster and less expensive than finding/shipping a replacement hood.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures...

Mark

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: