Yanmar Ke-3 4x4 3 cyl. diesel throttle stuck!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Yanmar Ke-3 4x4 3 cyl. diesel throttle stuck!

Mark Hi,
I have a Yanmar Ke-3 4x4 3cyl. diesel compact tractor and the throttle is stuck! The arm on the injector housing is super, super stiff, but I can move it at that point, but the throttle handle just slips on the linkage. What do you think is wrong?

Mark

Norm I'm thinking you are probably "on your own" with this Ke model. "Inspect and repair as necessary".
Mark I finally got this fixed! I ran the tractor for about a half hour to get it good and warmed up. Turned off the engine. I then disconnected the linkage from the lever on the injector pump. I worked it back and forth several times and it got smoother each time. I hooked up the linkage again and worked it back and forth at the IP end. I saw another post about alternating between the hand and the foot pedal. I did that and it started to work. It is now working pretty well. I guess sitting idle for over a year made it stiffen up so much.
s dzierzega i need sam information about this model sources for parts parts manuals somebody to get the parts for this model
Hal Hadaller I have a similar problem on my 1820D but using the above procedure did not loosen up the injector/governor arm. I finnally put a spring on the arm to pull it back towords idle. That works but is not the real fix. I oiled up the shaft of the lever arm but now help.

Hal

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: