Yanmar 1500 front end loader

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 and 2011, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Yanmar 1500 front end loader

Bob Grove Can you get a front end loader for this model tractor? It is not very powerful, how much would it lift it it was available?

Thanks

Al You could get a FEL for a garden tractor (the next category down from your compact ag tractor), and I've seen 15 HP diesels match 20 HP gas. Capacity depends on the condition of your pump, though they're pretty bulletproof, and on the FEL's cylinders if it's used. The bucket will be sized to the tractor, and should lift a heaping load of soil or gravel.

If I may offer some minor cautions, fitting and installing is not a job for most amateurs. On small tractors, especially with turf tread, it's good to have 4WD when you need it, and with a full load under non-optimal conditions you may need it. Ditto for PS. With a loaded bucket raised high, go slow, especially on turns. (If it tips, it's easiest to pull upright from the raised bucket.) For balance you want a rear implement or rear weights (FELs are much more rarely installed in Japan on compacts than in the US - but Yanmars are designed with reserve capacity so you won't break a front axle or blow a tire).

Norm Loaders are available. Lifting capacity is anybody's guess, depending on your rearend ballast.
tony you could probably go with a bushhog brand FEL model QT1846 that is what I put on my YM1700 and it works great. I purchased mine from a local dealer approx. 10 yrs back and the price was about $3000 for the loader.all mounting brackets worked (no modifying) Had it plumbed from the pump to FEL to the rear end. made a set of forks for it also and it lifted over 500lbs. hope this helps you.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Yanmar Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: