Oliver 550

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors & White Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Oliver 550

Doug I had never seen an Oliver tractor that I know of until today but; I just bought a Oliver 550! The sr # off the data plate is 89 157-519, Is this a 1968? It's a diesel tractor and it runs very good with no smoke. Everything is tight, the rear lift works great, 4 brand new tires and a new exhaust system. It's also got a hydraulic control just in front of the seat with quick disconnect lines to the rear.

The only immediate problems that I see are:

1. The PTO lever sort of defauts to PTO on, I don't know if it's an adjustment or what.

2. The left brake works great but the right hardly works at all. The right pedal travels much father so I'm hoping it's an adjustment.

3. The throttle and governor need some adjustment.

4. The gages on the left side of the panel are toast.

5. The guy started it right before I got there, I hope it starts OK cold...

Where can I get a loader for this tractor?

The steering is quite heavy now, are there power-steering kits for these, with a loader it's gonna be really hard to steer.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Doug OK, just found a sr# list, looks like it's a 1964. Right or wrong?
Dave I too am having problems with the governor and will have to rebuild it I guess. My PTO runs all the time as well so it must be the shaft to ingage it has some malfunctions in it. Has anyone found any sulotions to this without having to rebuild? Thanks...
Gary Knowlton I just bought one myself. Govenor , steering and hydralics work good but am looking for the additional quick disconnects for a loader and a loader itself. I have seen a lot of warnings about unsteerable with loaders on 550's though.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Oliver Tractors & White Tractors Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Email Notification: If you check this box, email will be sent to you whenever someone replies to your message. You must include your email address above to receive this notification.

Name:
Email: